Work as a Deckhand on a Superyacht
If you love the outdoors and are adventurous, then this is the role for you.
Deckhands play an important role onboard and can expect to be involved in many different aspects of the daily running of the yacht. As this is an “exterior” role, the majority of time will be spent outdoors.
This is considered a DECK role and includes: Driving onboard tender (Powerboat), general watersports, treating teak, polishing, cleaning & washing of boat, assisting engineer, engine room duties, line handling, varnishing, painting etc.
Those looking to climb the “Superyacht ladder” will pass through the following ranks:
- 1st Officer / 1st Mate
Salary: This is between € 2000 – € 2500 per month (Mediterranean) / $ 2500 – $ 3000 per month (Caribbean) plus tips if on a charter yacht.
Our courses include all necessary training and qualifications in order to realize your dream of starting off in the Superyacht Industry as a Deckhand.
All candidates receive our highly regarded support system including the following:
- Assistance with visa’s (Schengen or B1/B2)
- Advice and assistance with Seamans Books
- Assistance with opening up an Offshore Bank account
- Superyacht CV template (believe it or not, this is very different to a normal CV re: format and structure, and can be the difference between getting a job or not)
- Worldwide list of crew agencies
- Worldwide list of crew accommodation
- Advice on daily expenditure & budgeting overseas
- Interview techniques