RYA Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) Instructors Course
(RYA tuition delivered by Super Yachting South Africa)
The RYA Personal Watercraft Instructor course is for candidates who wish to issue RYA Personal Watercraft (jet-ski) licence’s to guests/crew on board Superyachts. For those who work in the yachting industry or who want to start working in the yachting industry, obtaining the RYA PWC Instructors certificate will greatly increase your chances of employment on board. There is much demand for yacht crew who hold the Personal Watercraft Instructor certificate.
- NEW Regulations – Every Yacht must have a PW Instructor on board if they are operating commercially in the Mediterranean
- Competitive Edge – PW Instructor certification is probably one of the most important Industry related qualifications new crew should invest in.
- Safety – As a PW Instructor you will be required to train up and issue PW licenses to crew and guests whom want to operate a jet-ski on their own. Alternatively, a crew member or guest MUST be a passenger on a jet-ski driven by an individual with a PW license.
N.B > It is illegal for a crew member or guest to drive a Jet Ski without a certification for safety & insurance reasons
What does the course cover?
- Instructing syllabus
- Correct instruction techniques & briefings
- Visual aids
- Notes on key teaching points
- Instruction DVD for guests to watch.
- Detailed overview of RYA inspection process & required paperwork
- Taking care of your Personal Watercraft & equipment
- To progress to PW Instructor you need to first gain your PW Licence via the PW proficiency course. Having this, you can then utilise your vessels Jet Ski and gain the required experience (1 or 2 seasons) before upgrading your certification to Instructor level.
- If you own a jet-ski, you must be a frequent user and be confident in your ability to drive & maintain your jet-ski. You will be required to complete the PW proficiency course, before you can proceed on to PW Instructor course.
- Valid first aid certificate
- You will be required to register as an RYA member upon successful completion of this course
N.B > You must be an experienced PWC driver to participate in this course so please contact us for verification of qualifying experience. Captains are concerned about guest’s safety on board a personal water craft and the legal consequences if an accident were to occur.
Duration: 3 Days
Location: Granger Bay, Cape Town
Price: R 8 625.00 (Incl. VAT)
*Additional add-on: Just like the STCW 95 basic safety training course, the Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course has become mandatory for all crew whom work aboard Superyachts. This is inline with the STCW 2010 Manila amendments.