(RYA tuition delivered by Super Yachting South Africa)
Calling all aspiring Superyacht Stews! Great opportunities exist for those who have a passion for hospitality and guest interaction. As a Steward/ess, you will mostly be in charge of the interior and looking after the guest’s every needs. The role may also require interaction on deck (lines & fenders) and on the yacht’s tender (Powerboat) at times.
- Interior introduction – Job role, interview process, CV, yachting do’s and don’ts, crew contracts, yachting etiquette, checklists, safety etc.
- Superyacht Laundry Course – The only Superyacht-specific laundry course in South Africa! Caring for expensive & rare fabrics, removing industry-specific stains, understanding Superyacht laundry equipment & procedures, professional drying & ironing techniques etc.
- Basic deck knowledge – Knots and line handling, fenders, powerboat handling, VHF radio communication, on-board safety etc.
- MCA Food Hygiene / Safety – An MCA requirement for all food handlers, both preparing and serving. Candidates will gain a City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
- Food service – specific to Superyacht’s and different nationalities – Working with menu’s, breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, dessert, food intolerance / allergies, beverage service etc.
- Wine & Cocktail – Intro to world of wine, tastings, pairings, cocktail blending and service etc.
- Barista training – Tea and coffee equipment including processes, artisan skills etc.
Anchored by the internationally recognized & accredited Superyacht Stewardess Course, our tried and tested combination below ensures you stand out amongst the crowd.
3 week entry-level programme
Training held in Cape Town CBD, V & A Waterfront, Table Bay & Gordon’s Bay
Accommodation: 4 nights and 5 days (Only inclusive during Stewardess module)
Exam fee’s excluded: $55 USD Stewardess exam fee paid directly to accrediting body.
RYA, STCW, City & Guilds and International Stewardess Course completion certificates
- STCW 95 (Manila 2010 Compliant)
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
- International Stewardess Course
- MCA Food Hygiene Course
- Superyacht Laundry Course
R 22 786.00 (Incl. VAT) – *Save R1500
*Offer valid until end of MAY
*Just like the STCW 95 course, the Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course has become mandatory for all crew whom work onboard Superyachts of 500gt and over AND/OR those which carry 12 fare-paying passengers/guests. Every new Superyacht crew member must complete this course as a formality.