RYA PERSONAL WATERCRAFT (JET SKI)
RYA tuition delivered by SYSA
RYA Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) Course
This 1 day Jet Ski course has been designed to suit both first time riders and those with previous experience.
Why do I need to do a Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) Course?
N.B > It is illegal to drive a Jet Ski without a certification for safety & insurance reasons
* NEW Regulations – New crew entering the Superyacht industry are required to have a PW operator’s license in order to fulfil their duties on board.
* Become an RYA Personal Watercraft Instructor and fast-track yourself to a job – To progress to PW Instructor you need to first gain your PW Licence via the proficiency course. Having this, you can then utilise your vessels Jet Ski and gain the required experience before upgrading your certification to Instructor level.
* Spend more time on the water – As a Personal Watercraft license holder you will be called upon to take the guests and children out on the PW. Instead of being asked to keep watch, you could be enjoying the water toys with them!
* Jet Ski Safety – Safety is paramount in the Superyacht industry. This course will give you confidence & make you aware of the dangers of such crafts whilst teaching you how to handle them in a safe manner.
What does the course cover?
- Launching & Recovery
- Safety on the water
- High speed Jet Ski handling
- Taking care of your Personal Watercraft
We have applied our own experiences of operating these high speed craft in the motor yacht industry to also deal with topics such as, trouble shooting, preventative maintenance and scheduled maintenance programs. In addition, we provide helpful tips for dealing with guests and “how to play” responsibly.
Ready to get started?
For more information, course schedules and availability contact us
Granger Bay, Cape Town
Send a message