SUPERYACHT STEWARDESS PROGRAMME
RYA tuition delivered by Super Yachting South Africa
Superyacht Stewardess instruction
provided by experienced Chief Stewardess
Calling all aspiring Superyacht Stews! Great opportunities exist for those who have a passion for hospitality and guest interaction. As a Steward/ess, you will mostly be in charge of the interior and looking after the guest’s every needs. The role may also require interaction on deck (lines & fenders) and on the yacht’s tender (Powerboat) at times.
The following topics are covered extensively in the Superyacht Stewardess programme:
* Interior introduction – Job role, interview process, CV, yachting do’s and don’ts, crew contracts, yachting etiquette, radio communication, checklists & inventories, laundry, product knowledge, housekeeping, flower arranging, yacht storage etc.
* Basic deck knowledge – Fenders, on-board safety etc.
* MCA Food Hygiene / Safety – An MCA requirement for all food handlers, both preparing and serving. Candidates will gain a HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
* Food service specific to Superyacht’s and different nationalities – Silver service, table settings, working with menu’s & dietary requirements including food intolerance / allergies
* Wine & Cocktail – Intro to wine & cocktails, service and the role of the bartender
* Barista training – Tea and coffee brewing process, service & styles
Our Superyacht Stewardess programme is highly relevant, practical & functional and goes unmatched in terms of retained skills and role competency. Keeping inline with international standards, the course is taught by a highly experienced Chief Stewardess with exemplary references in the industry. With over 12 years hospitality experience, our lecturer has worked on both private and charter vessels ranging from 30m – 60m in length and has been exposed to some of the most beautiful places on earth such as: South Pacific, Scandinavia, Arctic Circle, Mediterranean, Bahama’s & Caribbean.
Typical entry-level salary:
Mediterranean: €2500 – €2700pm
Caribbean: $2500 – $3200pm
Anchored by the extensive and professional Superyacht Stewardess Course, our tried and tested combination below ensures you stand out amongst the crowd.
*Just like the STCW 95 course, the Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course has become mandatory for all crew whom work onboard Superyachts of 500gt and over AND/OR those which carry 12 fare-paying passengers/guests. Every new Superyacht crew member must complete this course as a formality.
Ready to get started?
For more information, course schedules and availability contact us
Accommodation: 4 nights and 5 days (Only inclusive during Stewardess module)
Send a message