SUPERYACHT STEWARDESS PROGRAMME
RYA tuition delivered by SYSA
Superyacht Stewardess instruction
provided by experienced Chief Stewardess
Calling all aspiring Superyacht Stews! Great opportunities exist for those who have a passion for hospitality and guest interaction. As a Steward/ess, you will mostly be in charge of the interior and looking after the guest’s every needs. The role may also require interaction on deck (lines & fenders) and on the yacht’s tender (Powerboat) at times.
The following topics are covered extensively in the Superyacht Stewardess programme:
* Interior introduction – Job role, interview process, CV, yachting do’s and don’ts, crew contracts, yachting etiquette, radio communication, checklists & inventories, laundry, product knowledge, housekeeping, flower arranging, yacht storage etc.
* Basic deck knowledge – Fenders, on-board safety etc.
* MCA Food Hygiene / Safety – An MCA requirement for all food handlers, both preparing and serving. Candidates will gain a HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
* Food service specific to Superyacht’s and different nationalities – Silver service, table settings, working with menu’s & dietary requirements including food intolerance / allergies
* Wine & Cocktail – Intro to wine & cocktails, service and the role of the bartender
* Barista training – Tea and coffee brewing process, service & styles
Our Superyacht Stewardess programme is highly relevant, practical & functional and goes unmatched in terms of retained skills and role competency. Keeping inline with international standards, the course is taught by a highly experienced Chief Stewardess with exemplary references in the industry. With over 12 years hospitality experience, our lecturer has worked on both private and charter vessels ranging from 30m – 60m in length and has been exposed to some of the most beautiful places on earth such as: South Pacific, Scandinavia, Arctic Circle, Mediterranean, Bahama’s & Caribbean.
Typical entry-level salary:
Mediterranean: €2500 – €2700pm
Caribbean: $2500 – $3200pm
Anchored by the extensive and professional Superyacht Stewardess Course, our tried and tested combination below ensures you stand out amongst the crowd.
*Just like the STCW 95 course, the Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course has become mandatory for all crew whom work onboard Superyachts of 500gt and over AND/OR those which carry 12 fare-paying passengers/guests. Every new Superyacht crew member must complete this course as a formality.
Ready to get started?
For more information, course schedules and availability contact us
4 nights and 5 days (Only inclusive during Stewardess module)
(First 10 bookings)
Send a message