SUPERYACHT STEWARDESS CAREER
Yacht Stewardess training
provided by experienced Chief Stewardess
Our hands-on, highly practical Yacht Stewardess Course takes place in Cape Town, and provides candidates with a rare opportunity to learn aboard some of the most prestigious motor yachts in the V&A Waterfront under the supervision of our highly experienced and dedicated Chief Stewardess.
Using real-life Superyacht scenarios and detailed yacht processes, we have produced some of the most successful yacht stewardesses to date whom have gone on to work for the likes of Microsoft Co-Founder, Paul Allen, Chelsea football club owner, Roman Abramovich & Founder of Heesen Superyachts, Frans Heesen.
As a Yacht Stewardess or Steward, you will be in charge of the yachts interior and looking after the guests’ every needs. The role may require interaction on deck (lines & fenders) and on the yachts tender (Powerboat) at times.
The following topics are covered extensively in the Yacht Stewardess Programme:
* Interior introduction – Job role, interview process, CV, yachting do’s and don’ts, crew contracts, yachting etiquette, radio communication, checklists & inventories, laundry, product knowledge, housekeeping, flower arranging, yacht storage etc.
* Basic deck knowledge – Fenders, on-board safety etc.
* MCA Food Hygiene / Safety – An MCA requirement for all food handlers, both preparing and serving. Candidates will gain a HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
* Food service specific to Superyachts and different nationalities – Silver service, table settings & decor, napkin folding, working with menus & dietary requirements including food intolerance / allergies
* Wine & Cocktail – Introduction to wine & cocktails, service and the role of the bartender
* Barista training – Tea and coffee brewing process, service & styles
Relevancy & training excellence is key in the modern Superyacht world and for this reason, our Yacht Stewardess Course goes unmatched in terms of retained skills and role competency. Keeping inline with international standards, our Yacht Stewardess course lecturer has worked on both private and charter vessels ranging from 30m – 80m in length and has been exposed to some of the most beautiful places on earth such as: South Pacific, Scandinavia, Middle East, Mediterranean, Bahamas & Caribbean.
Typical entry-level salary:
Mediterranean: €2000 – €2800pm
Caribbean: $2500 – $3200pm
Anchored by the extensive and professional Yacht Stewardess Course,
our tried and tested combination below ensures you stand out amongst the crowd.
Ready to get started?
For more information, course schedules and availability contact us
Send a message